Remote Coaching for Women with Metabolic Syndrome
Metabolic syndrome is a cluster of 5 risk factors that increase the likelihood of developing heart disease, diabetes, and stroke:
1. High blood pressure (greater than 130/85 mmHg)
2. High blood sugar levels (insulin resistance)
3. Excess fat around the waist
4. High triglyceride levels
5. Low levels of good cholesterol, or HDL
As a registered nurse, certified health coach, and certified in the treatment of metabolic syndrome, I am on a mission to improve the health and lives of women with metabolic syndrome. My 40+ years of nursing experience, which includes critical care, academia, and health coaching, has given me the expertise to help women with metabolic syndrome achieve and sustain their health and wellness goals so they can feel their best.
Coaching is theory and research based. Studies have shown that how much attention and support people receive during the change process affects rates of success. Health coaches help bridge the gap between you knowing what you need to do, and you actually doing it.
I offer a one-of-a-kind, one-on-one 12-week program for women who have, or want to prevent, metabolic syndrome.
Here's what's included:
- 1:1 weekly 30-minute coaching sessions via telephone or video
- An e-book on metabolic syndrome informed by the latest research with treatment for mind, body, and spirit
- Sample meal plans and recipes: Metabolic Reset Diet, a low-carbohydrate diet created by nutritionists specifically for people with metabolic syndrome, plus Ketogenic Diet, a very low-carbohydrate, high-fat diet created by a medical doctor a century ago.
- Weekly videos on nutrition and lifestyle change topics
- Lifetime access to a members-only Facebook group, moderated 7 days a week
- Weekly action steps to guide your progress
- Assessment tools
- Evidence-based exercise resources to fit every level of ability
- Online content accessible from any device
- Emotional Eating Workbook developed by an addiction counselor
- Batch Cooking Recipes developed by a nutritionist specialized in metabolic syndrome
You will learn to:
- Choose a nutrition plan, among science-based options, you can stick to
- Lose weight safely
- Achieve lab values that are normal or closer to normal
- Heal conditions associated with metabolic syndrome
- Incorporate exercise into your life in a meaningful way
- Adopt strategies to increase self-compassion and self-acceptance
- Get the support you need to achieve the results you want
Take 12 Weeks to transform. Click here to schedule a call with me to discover more about my program.
About MetaSyn Woman™ as the Business Name
The most obvious connection with the business name is that this program is for women with, or at risk for, metabolic syndrome. Not coincidentally, it sounds like Medicine Woman. The healing I provide is coaching women to heal themselves. In addition, Metta is Sanskrit for loving-kindness. This relates to my approach as a coach, but it also applies to women in my program who are guided to apply this practice to themselves.
© 2019 Victoria Brahe, LLC. All Rights Reserved.